What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your computer and tied to information about you. By using and browsing our Sites, you consent to the use by us and third parties of cookies and other technologies in accordance with this Policy.
What are the different types of cookies?
First party cookies are our own cookies set by our Site, controlled by us, and used to provide information about the usage of our Site.
How long do cookies stay on your computer?
Two types of cookies may be used on the Site, session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in your browser or device until you leave the site; they are deleted from your device once you leave the Service.
Persistent cookies are small files stored on your hard drive until you delete them or until they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the Site, recognize you on your return, and enhance your experience on the Site (see more about profiles below). Use of a persistent cookie is not linked to any personally identifiable information while on the Site except if you choose to store your user names and PINs so that you do not have to enter them each time you access your accounts. Then, a persistent cookie will be stored on your computer, which is linked to your account information. If you reject the persistent cookie, you may still use the Site but you will be limited in some areas of it.
- Authentication and Preferences: Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit our Sites, remember your preferences (such as languages and communication preferences), and customize your experience with using our Sites and Services.
- Security: Cookies may enable and support our security features and to help us detect malicious activity.
- Advertising: Cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off our Sites. We may also use a cookie to learn whether someone who saw an ad later visited and took an action on the advertiser’s site. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie to determine whether we’ve shown an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with ads. We may also work with a partner to show you an ad on or off our Sites, such as after you have visited a partner’s site or application.
- Geo-Location Information: Some devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). Some photos or other contact you place within our Service may contain recorded location information. We may use this information to optimize your experience. Also, some of the information we collect from a device, for example IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device’s location.
- Flash Cookies: We may, in certain situations, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface that is different from the one provided by your web browser. This means that it is not possible to manage Flash cookies at the browser level in the same way you would manage other types of cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website directly.
Can I Change My Cookie Preferences?
Browser settings allow you to choose whether or not to accept cookies or limit certain cookies. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and erase cookies. If you use our Sites without changing your browser settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our Sites. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
Your mobile operating system may let you opt out from having your information collected or used for interest-based advertising on mobile devices. You should refer to the instructions provided by your mobile device’s manufacturer, but this functionality is usually available in the “Settings” section of your device. You can also stop us from collecting information through our applications by uninstalling our applications.